Wednesday 26 March 2014

SSC & Review: Mixels Electroids 41506, 41507, 41508

>>> Part three of my Mixels SSC & Review - the Electroids. I assembled these first, and got two very decent frames together and one passable one. 

Here's the breakdown per set, assuming the sale price of AUD $5.75:

ELECTROIDS
41506: Teslo
54 pcs = 11c / piece

41507: Zaptor
61 pcs = 9c / piece

41508: Volectro
70 pcs = 8c / piece

Total: 185
Average: 61 = 9c / piece

>>> 41506: Teslo
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away? Yes = +5
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? Above = -10
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? Yes = +5
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts? Yes = +5

Total = 5 pts, "B+" rating

My weakest build of the three, this has a bit of the old Rogue Trader era Dreadnought style to it. Hutching ugly, but stable on the battlefield at least!





Load-out:
Missile pod + AF Cannon: 2Rd + d8
Sensor cluster: 1Y
Armour Plates: 1B

>>> 41507: Zaptor
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away? Yes = +5
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? Below = +5
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? Yes = +5
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts? Yes = +5

Total = 20 pts, "A+" rating

This was the first set I put together - I think this little frame has heaps of character, and I'd happily game with it. The graphic on the eyes is only just visible from certain angles, so they make a very reasonable sensor dome. I've used the six cheese wedges to represent a Vertical Launch System - you can just picture this frame lurking in the back-field, dropping spotting dice and micro-missiles anywhere it wants!




Load-out:
VLS micro-missiles: 2Ra
2x Sensor Clusters: 2Y
Armour Plating: 1B

>>> 41508: Volectro
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away? Yes = +5
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? Below = +5
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? Yes = +5
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts? Yes = +5

Total = 20 pts, "A+" rating

This guy. THAT FIST. My absolute favourite out of all nine sets, I think that barring a few more exposed studs than is normal for our design ethic, this frame just works.




Loadout:
BFF-9000: 2Rh
Sensor pod: 1Y
Deflector Shield: 1B
Climbing Claws: 1G

Obligatory group shot:


I had quite a few pieces left over from these frames all up - again, I think the new player would benefit strongly from pooling the parts from all three sets. A re-build of the Teslo frame is on the cards - he's really letting the team down!

As mentioned in part one, I ended up suffering from build burn-out by the end of all nine sets. I'll definitely pace myself more when I do Series 2. I'll also endeavour to do the challenge twice: once as a proper SSC; the second time, pooling all three sets & seeing what the extra flexibility lets me come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment